Friday, October 13, 2006

Levi is Sick

Levi woke up this morning burning up. He's naturally warm natured though and tends to sweat (A LOT) in his sleep, so I figured it was nothing. I chalked it up to his long sleeved pj's and the thick comforter he was sleeping under.

I took him downstairs, fed him breakfast and got him a juice to drink thinking it would help cool him off. After breakfast he's usually roaring around the house, in the living room flinging Lego's and Lincoln Logs right in left in attempts at a new masterpiece. (gotta love that! my little architect! ;)

well after breakfast this morning he just went and laid on the couch. BINGO. I then knew the warmth radiating from his skin was more than I had originally thought. So, I dug around for a thermometer. I have to take this moment to interject that when Levi was a baby, I was one of those moms who wasn't afraid to take temps rectally. It's most efficient you know! It's the only way I've done it with Levi. and back when he had the horrible ear infections and I would tell the doc how high his temps had spiked (106!!) they would ALWAYS ask how I'd been taking them. and I always got satisfaction and a pat (from myself) on the back when i'd get a "good job, mom!" from the doc after telling them I take rectal temps. ANYWAY... today I figured that my two and a half year old might be able to take an oral temp. AND HE DID. I'm so proud! He held that thermometer under his tongue with his mouth closed the entire time. I had to keep reminding him that he COULD breathe out of his nose though, because he kept wanting to hold his breath. silly guy.

well, the thermometer read 102.6

*sigh*

So, I've been dealing with a sick little guy all day. When the tylenol kicks in he's ok to play for a while and acts semi-normal. But when he starts to feel bad... poor thing... you can see it in his eyes. and he just wants to be held.

Right now he's in bed. It's after midnight here. He's really been a trooper all day though. Please pray with me that he'll get better and that tomorrow will be a better day. (and that he hasn't passed whatever bug he got to anyone else in this house.)

thanks!

love you all...

Becky

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey.... I thought my recipe site was your favorite recipe website!! :) (Tanya)

Anonymous said...

How is the little man feeling?? Hope he is getting better.. I will either call you this weekend, or try and catch you online. Love you, Kim