Happy Day After Elections Day!! *giggles*
*is glad she didn't have to face the voting madness that was America yesterday*
Today was Audrey's 6mo appointment. Well, technically it was her 4mo appointment that we never made (ouch!), so, being that she's SEVEN months next week (where DOES time go?) they made this her 6mo well baby, but gave her the 4mo shots (3 of them) + flu shot (so.. for you non math majors... that's 4 total).
Everything is A-OK with my little princess.
weight: 15.8 pounds
length: 26 inches
50th percentile
The doc who saw Audrey told me to up her jarred baby food from one jar at every meal to a jar and a half. She also told me to feed her stage 3 foods, AND, she said to start incorporating table food. Six months?! Um, ok, if you say so doc. So tonight I let her have one of my cheet-o puffs. Ok, not the healthiest table food option, but it worked.
Also, she told me to start letting her drink water out of a sippy cup. I'm entirely NOT ready for this yet! This is still my BABY we're talking about!! *bawls*
I was SOOOO ready for Levi to do all of these things and was always pushing him to do the next thing. Not so much to "grow up" but you know, just always encouraged the next step. And I find myself wishing Audrey would slow down.
She's already pulling up onto her knees and when she's on all fours crawling she'll stop and stick her butt in the air like she's trying to stand up. I mean, seriously. Enough of the madness!!!!
So, that my Audrey update for today.
Onto the Levi funnies...
Levi was in the room with me when Audrey was being seen. I had bribed him with a Thomas the Tank Engine sticker to sit still. So, he was sitting in this chair when all of the sudden he says to me "I peed in the chair, mama! See?!" and he hops up and looks down at the chair expecting to see a puddle of pee. The thing is, I had a pull-up on him today, which is different from a diaper in that he can FEEL the wetness when he pees, so naturally, he thought he had peed in the chair. But it was the funniest thing, because the PA who had just weighed and measured Audrey looked over at Levi like "Oh, Please God, No." It was hilarious.
We were going through the commissary doing our grocery shopping after the appointment and Levi kept singing "Happy Birthday." And then he'd say "Happy Birthday, Mama!" So all of these people were looking at us. a.) thinking it was cute that he was telling me happy birthday, and b.) thinking it was my birthday. So, I kept having to say "Thank you, buddy, but it's not my birthday." But Levi was insistent that I blow out the imaginary candle and eat a piece of imaginary cake. I'm FULL of imaginary cake! IMAGINARY SUGAR HIGH!! It was cute.
Levi learned his middle name. (Which is Christian, by the way) and he also learned what a turkey says... In lieu of the up and coming day of thanks.
Um, I'm sure there's something I'm leaving out... but...
that's my Levi update for today.
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment