Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Christmas 2006

Welcome to the 2006 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends! You know the drill. Don't be a Scrooge!!!



1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
neither. Today at Starbucks I tried a peppermint mocha for the first time. I think I have a new favorite. My waistline is cursing me.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa leaves goodies in stockings. If there are presents that can't fit in the stockings he leaves them directly underneath the stocking in a neat pile. not wrapped.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
either/or

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Occasionally, but this year I have no reason to. I wish I did.


5. When do you put your decorations up?
This year I'm not, but usually day after Thanksgiving... or around then.


6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Ham cooked to perfection, mashed potatoes n gravy, whole cranberry

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
I remember one year when we had gotten our Christmas tree and it wouldn't stay on top of the car! My dad and brother both took their belts off to help tie this stupid christmas tree to the top of the van. It was hilarious.
One christmas I decided that I was going to sleep in the living room with the tree and feel the coziness of the christmas lights. I woke up in the middle of the night after the tree FELL OVER ON ME!
I have a lot of good christmas memories.


8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
One christmas we were on our way to my grandparents for Christmas. This was back when my sisters hadn't been born yet so I was like six years old. All of the sudden my dad just blurts out with "There's no such thing as Santa Claus." yup folks, that's how I was told. Funny how I remember that after all these years. It was like a knife going through my heart. LOL.


9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
That's when we always open our gifts to/from each other as a family. Then Santa comes that night and in the morning we have more goodies and then Christmas lunch.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
with ornaments that have meaning that we have gotten as souveniers from different places that we've been.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
love looking at it. dread getting out in it

12. Can you ice skate?
yes

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
no


14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
spending time with family


15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
pumpkin pie


16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
I guess I don't have one.


17. What tops your tree?
an antique lit up santa

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?
Giving definately


19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
I'll Be Home For Christmas


20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
yuck. but I love me a peppermint mocha!

2 comments:

Nichole said...

I love the story about the tree falling on you. And I'm stealing this for my blog!

Amy said...

Okay, I'm definitely going to have to try a peppermint mocha now...I would have never tried it before but I trust you!