Wednesday, November 15, 2006

This program was brought to you today by the letter 'L'

The time has come. The time is now. Marvin K. Mooney...
...I've decided that I want Levi to learn his name. I want him to be able to recognize it visually, spell it verbally, and write it manually. So this morning we started with the letter 'L'

It went well. His attention span held out and he stayed on task. And I really think he "got" it.

One of the things I had him do was trace some L's that I had made out of dotted lines. "down and over. down and over." I think he did a pretty good job, no?



After that I made up a "word search" for him only it was a LETTER search. I wrote out a bunch of letters throwing in many L's and told him to point out ONLY the L's to me and he did. He'd point to one and I'd circle it and we'd high-five. He didn't point to any just random letters so I knew that he knew what we were doing.



and, that was my morning.

one Levi funny and then I'm out:

Today he was running through the house and he tripped and fell. He jumped up and says "I get up. Shake it off." and went back to running.
I'm always telling him that he's a boy and to shake it off when I know he's been hurt, but not badly. So apparently today he gave himself his own little pep talk. It was cute.

No comments: