Friday, November 03, 2006

Friday's Feast

I got this idea off of Nichole Esmon's blog and I decided to start at the beginning with Feast One.

SO...

Friday's Feast

Appetizer:
What time do you wake up each day? If you could choose your wake-up time, when would it be?

I don't have a set wake up time. I wake up when both kids are awake. Usually if just one of them is awake I can manage to stay in bed with that one quietly. But when the other wakes up, it's time to get up. These days that time is usually anywhere from 7-9 am.

Soup:
When was the last time you bought groceries? What store did you go to? Name three things you purchased.

I went to Sainsbury's and I bought a frozen pizza, a bag of Twix for trick-or-treaters, and a bag of Kettle chips (a seasonal flavor... Apple, Sage, and Thyme) that rocked my socks!!

Salad:
How many books have you read so far this year? Which was your favorite and why?

Seriously? I read so many books that listing them all would take all day. I discovered an author I'd never read before (Philippa Gregory) and I really enjoyed her book "The Other Boleyn Sister." It is a ficticious (sp?) novel based on the account of Anne Boleyn, King Henry the VIII, and Anne's sister, Mary.
I also liked reading "The Time Traveler" by Audrey Neffenegger. and One of my fave authors Ceclia Ahern came out with a new book that I liked only now I can't remember the name. Oh yeah, and for the first time ever I read Catcher in the Rye and while I thought it was a very stupid book, I enjoyed reading it. LOL

Main Course:
What is something you consider to be very elegant? In particular, what about that item/place/person conjures up the feeling of elegance?

Whenever I think of the name Audrey, I think of elegance. Probably because our society has put the label of elegance on Audrey Hepburn. She is an icon for beauty and grace. I think the name is so classic and timeless.
by definition the name Audrey means "strong and noble," which, to me, is what elegance is all about. I hope that my daughter can live up to her name.

Dessert:
Who taught you how to drive?

Well, besides the Drivers Ed teachers in high school, my dad was the one who actually gave me real driving experience and helped me pass my driver's test. Stick shift, BAY-BEE!!!

The Friday Feast is a weekly meme intended to "feed your mind by asking thought-provoking, mind-stimulating questions."

4 comments:

Amy said...

I've been thinking about starting Friday Feast myself now that I'm blogging...might have to become a regular, too.

Nichole said...

"The Time Traveler's Wife" is one of my favorites. I've read about the Phillipa Gregory book, too, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet.

Coach T said...

OK, seriously, where do you guys find the time to read? My most recent books include: "goodnight baby", "polar bear, plar bear, what do you hear", "musical elmo", "adventures of dora the explorer", and something about cows that type. . . maybe if i spent less time blogging i'd have more time for reading. . . ha!

Sandi said...

Becky,

I had already found your blog earlier today but just hadn't posted yet. Glad to find you, too! Look forward to having you nearby!