Saturday, November 04, 2006

what-ev-er

Today was a nice enough day to take Big Stuff outside to play while Little Squirt stayed inside taking a nap (Thank you, grandma!)
I have some kind of natural sports pro on my hands. Baseball, Soccer, Football, whatever... Levi enjoys playing it... and is (seemingly) good! (I know, I know, I'm his mom.)
Levi has a T-ball set but doesn't need the T anymore. He prefers for me to pitch the ball to him and it is SO cute how he stands at bat. He sticks his butt out and really gets into form. And I didn't even teach him that. Ha! Soccer... the kid keeps the ball directly at this feet and can dribble the ball all over the yard! It's amazing. Football... Ok, so he can't catch. But he can throw!
Today I threw the ball at him, it landed at his feet and he actually said to me "nice try, mom."
Am I SO un-cool or what? My two year old razzes my sports capability. Pishaw!
One of the things my dad always like to say when I talk about moving, is "who's going to kick the ball with Levi?" (Since dad is usually the one who takes Levi out to play.) I mentioned this comment to my friend Amy when I was in Missouri a couple of weeks ago and she said "Aunt Amy will." Ha! (you have to know Amy for that comment to be funny). Between me and Amy, it's a good thing Levi is naturally good. (I know, I know... I'm his mom. shaddup already!)
That's all I've got for today. I've got to rescue Levi's LeapPad from the grasp (and mouth!) of Audrey!!

3 comments:

Nichole said...

Amy? Playing ball?

I'm rolling in the floor at that one!

Coach T said...

ok, bryn and I will teach the kid all things sports, no worries! :)

Amy said...

Funny thing is that I'm not even insulted...I know the Crutcher's will do a good job at helping Levi with Sports but I will be more than happy to "play" ball.